Graphic design is an industry that is always evolving and changing. Every year, there are new graphic design trends that emerge. In 2021, the graphic design world will be affected by the internet of things (IoT). Graphic designers will have to learn how to incorporate IoT into their work in order to stay relevant. This article discusses what some of these upcoming trends may be and why it’s important for graphic designers to keep up with them!
Why Is Graphic Design Important To Your Business?
A graphic design is an essential part of the company’s brand identity. A cohesive and well-designed logo can give customers a sense that your business has some staying power in the industry – this makes them more likely to buy from you because they feel like they’re investing in something worthwhile.
A great graphic designer can also help you create a website that attracts customers online. Not only can the website look attractive, but a graphic designer can also help design it in a way that converts more visitors to buyers, or in a way that improves user experience.
If you’re looking for more reasons why graphic design is important to your business, read the list below:
- Graphic design is an important part of marketing and branding.
- It helps customers understand what your company does.
- It’s a way to communicate with your audience more effectively.
4.Stand out from the competition with a unique and bold graphic design.
- Your logo, website, and promotional materials all need a good graphic design to be effective.
- Graphic design is the foundation of your business image.
Why Should You Stay Updated On Graphic Design Trends?
As mentioned above, graphic design is an important aspect of any company. Trends in graphic design are always changing and updating. Knowing the current trends will help you stay on top of your game. An effective and impressive graphic design will also help you stand out from the competition.
Another benefit to staying updated on graphic design trends is that it will help you set expectations with your graphic designer. This makes the process of designing a logo, website or marketing material much smoother and more efficient for both parties involved. In short, keeping up to date with graphic design trends will help you make better business decisions for your company.
Lastly, by staying updated, you’ll be able to understand what’s going on in the industry more easily. You’ll know what potential customers want from their products. To stay updated, you can follow a few designers or sites on social media. You can also consult your company’s graphic designers. Lastly, you can refer to expert blogs like this one.
Graphic Design Trends in 2021
1. The use of colour will be more muted and less saturated.
This graphic design trend is likely to happen because of the rise in digital printing and the decrease in print magazines.
Trends have been observed on social media, with Instagram filters becoming more popular as a way of editing images that are typically less saturated than traditional photography.
2. Textures are a big trend in graphic design, so designers will incorporate different textures into their work.
This graphic design trend happened because of the increase in mobile and internet use.
Images tend to be more simplistic on small screens, so designers are trying different textures as a way of adding interest back into designs.
Examples include using patterned paper or textured backgrounds. Textures can also be incorporated by changing font weights from thin to bold.
3. Typography is important to give the right mood for each project, but it’s also important not to overdo it.
It’s important not to overdo it because it can make the project look messy. In 2019, there was an increase in hand lettering which is still popular and will continue to be a graphic design trend in 2021.
Lastly, the focus of typography has changed from being about cleanliness to creating interest with different shapes and sizes.
4. It’s predicted that people will want more simplicity in their designs because they’ll be looking for relief from all the chaos in life.
The chaos in life is more often caused by the internet and the need to be constantly connected. This trend predicts that people will want a graphic design with fewer distractions, where they can focus on what matters most.
5. It’s predicted that there’ll be an increased focus on art and illustration as well as photography.
Graphic designers are incorporating more illustration into their work than ever before. This became a trend because of the need for a more human touch in the industry. Also, illustrations can be used for a variety of purposes, such as social media graphics or posters.
6. Designers are going to experiment with shapes.
New shapes such as triangles, squares, circles, etc., were seen with popular apps like Snapchat or Instagram stories. They are a going trend because they are more eye-catching and they have a sense of novelty.
7. Designers will continue to use bold colours and patterns.
Bold colours and patterns are what designers are using now to get people’s attention! They are proven to be effective as “pattern interrupts” as they scroll on social media.
Graphic Design Outsourcing: Importance
- Outsourcing graphic design can be a cost-effective way to get your business off the ground.
- You will have more time to focus on what you do best – running your business
- Graphic designers are able to provide valuable insight into how the customer sees your company’s image through their eyes
Are you ready to outsource your graphic design?
If you’re ready to take advantage of the benefits graphic design can offer. Or if you’re ready to make use of the current trends in graphic design, then we can help you! Send us a message today.